Five Across the Eyes.

Posted by Mandy at 4:14 PM

Friday, July 4, 2008

So, as some of you may have heard, I am having issues with my former boss about getting paid, which may lead to my eviction from my apartment, depending on how things go on Monday. So, suffice it to say, I am in a foul mood. Probably one of the worst I've been in for an extremely long time. The possibility of homelessness will do that to a person. Today, I may have stepped out of the boundaries of sanity though. I went to see my mum, and on the way I stopped at the mall to get her some nose rings, as she'd lost all of hers(the little devils are hard to hold on to!!!) On my way out of the mall I was kind enough to stop and hold the door for two girls who were walking in. The thanks I got for this gesture was a sotto voce comment regarding my apparel, and weight. I lost my cool immediately. This is how it went:

Chippy: Omg, look at that pot belling hanging out of her shirt.
Myself: WHAT?!?!?!(close to a yell, but mostly incredulity)

She turned around to look at me, shocked I suppose, that I hadn't just let her say this about me. This is where I smacked her. She didn't even have a chance to respond. I hit her square in the cheek with my open hand. I hit her so hard the convenience store clerk looked up immediately. I followed up with:

Myself: You'd better watch what kind of shit you talk, because you can never know what the other person will do. If you hadn't grown up in Oakville, you'd have learned THAT lesson LONG ago.

I do not, and will never regret teaching an Oakville girl (full hair and make-up/designer clothes, shoes and handbags, usually found to be looking down on someone who gives less importance to looks/money and more on intelligence)a lesson. It was one that I hope she will not soon forget.

1 comments:

boobookitty said...

That is the problem with kids these days. Alot of them seem to show absolutely no manners or respect for anyone. It's all about "me, me, me, me". Good for you! Hopefully she'll learn that: "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." The nerve of the little b*tch. They don't realize that you didn't HAVE to hold the door open for them but I guess the concept of common courtesy is a foreign concept for them.