Mookie dat!

Posted by Mandy at 9:31 PM

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I have recently acquired the One Republic Album Dreaming Out Loud and Weezer's Red Album. The 1R album was ok. I feel that when it comes to ballads these boys hit the mark. They are corny, but sing-able(if you don't mind screeching, as this sort of soprano is usually confined to Mariah albums and eunuch choirs). The ballads are my favourites, and are mostly equal in that respect. However, when it comes to their attempts at "artsy" songs or rock-ish music, they sound just that: an attempt. A poor one I must say. Overall it is an ok album, if you like that sort of thing, or you are 12 a twelve year old girl.

The Weezer album is, well, Weezer. Some songs are absolutely wicked. Others are songs that I will enjoy in time. Everybody Get Dangerous is going to take a LONG time. Heart songs was an instant favourite. I am now thanking my lucky stars I work so close to my home. This way I'm not tempted to listen to "that station" so I'm not subjected to their violent abuse of good Weezer songs, placed in super high rotation so that you are sick of them before you even get the album. Also, that Pork and Beans is so wicked it can't be ruined. GO ANTHEM!!!

Thank you.

That is all.

0 comments: