Remember when....

Posted by Mandy at 9:42 PM

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Some of you(two of the three who read this) must remember when I was supervisor. I remember being miserable. I hated my job. I hated the people I worked with. I hated being out of the classroom. I hated how I was supposed to be able to make decisions, but was never allowed to carry them out. I hated the impotence of the word Supervisor. I am now faced with a decision. The position of supervisor has become available at my new place of employment. I have been asked (separately) by two staff members if I was going to try to get that job. I have said before at work that I would be better than what they have now, but a wet towel would be of more use than what they have now, so that isn't saying much. It may be akin to Obama following Bush. On the other side of things, I am 29. I was 27 last time. I have had two jobs since then, which have taught me a lot. I have grow up a lot in the last two years as well, in my thinking, and behaviour. There is the possibility that I could be better. That I can do this, and was simply following bad advice though naivete. I am completely torn. I have no clue whether or not I want this. I do not love my job anymore. I dislike most of the people I work with, and for. When the second owner returns, we will not get along. It will look good on my resume that I was promoted again, proving that I AM capable, and may truly have been wrongfully terminated(which I am sure many interviewers have heard over and over as an excuse for being fired). A raise would help in the mortgage department. In the end, everything seems to even out. Neither the pros or the cons outweigh each other, and I am left completely confused about what it is that I should be doing. This perturbs me. I dislike feeling this unrest, this lack of course. I have been looking for a job. I would like a position in administration; that is basically what being supervisor is. I know not what to do. I am not at ease.

0 comments: