Coronation Street, I love thee

Posted by Mandy at 7:15 PM

Thursday, June 18, 2009

So about nine months ago, Tony Gordon did something horrible to Maria Connor. Plainly, he had her husband killed, on the night that she was to tell him that she was finally pregnant. On the surface this seems terrible, horrible, wretched. The waters are muddy my friend. Liam Connor(the husband) was having an affair, and at the moment trying to convince his mistress to leave her fiance so that they could run away together(quite literally, through text message, to the woman who was actually WITH Maria at the time) Who is this mistress you say? None other than Ms. Carla Connor, engaged to Tony, widow of Liam's brother. This is all back story, the blog starts here:

Lately I am finding it hard to hate Tony. To begin with, he is a very handsome man. Secondly, he has fallen in love with Maria, and that makes him even more handsome. It's as though it's wiping out the horrible thing that he did. He is sweet, and kind, and sensitive, and for some reason I can't seem to remember to hate him. They give you glimpses of the terrible, controlling man that he really is, when he viciously dumps the hair shop girl(who's name I can never remember, she is new, and ditzy) and makes her slightly afraid of him in the process. I was reading about Alison King aka. Carla Gordon(formerly Connor, she married Tony eventually) a while back and it always sticks out in my mind that there are rumours that she will be back on the street, only to commit murder. Given the current storyline, I can't stop wondering, will it be Maria or Tony? Carla knows that Tony killed Liam, so it is most reasonable that it will be him that she offs. But there is also this nagging voice that it will be Maria, mostly because, after all, it is a soap opera and that is the most dramatic option. Carla will return in August of this year, after Alison Kings maternity leave ends. I don't know if I can wait another 2 months!!!! Ahhhhhh I love me some corrie.

0 comments: