Good Bye, Stage6

Posted by Mandy at 12:55 PM

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

YEAH ....... Finally they nailed the big guy!!!!!!!!! I was the owner of Moviethis.com and the MPAA kept coming after me for illegal copyright infringement for LINKING to external sites mostly to Stage6 (Which they actually hosted the illegal content)....... I am so freeking happy w00t!!!!!!!!

One thing I do wonder is why they paid an employee to write an internet wide letter to lie about the shutdown..... Losses? They didn't have losses, most of the moderators of the stage6 site were volunteers like you and me. The advertising probably brought in 6-10 grand a day.

Im just glad they got the big guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


This is a response to a question asked at yahoo answers, regarding the shut down of Stage6. I thoroughly dislike the "it happened to me, so it should happen to everyone" attitude, and were I able to speak with the poster personally, I would ream him till next Sunday. I will miss Stage6, whether they are shutting down due to pressure from the MPAA, or because of the reason they are giving; overhead costs. I wonder if this person understands the repercussions of a site being shut down that is as widely known as Stage6, and if he did, would he be so happy? Huzzah, the government is taking over all aspects of our private lives!!! Hurray, the corporations are taking over the government!!! YAY, Big Business will own the world, and we will all be slaves!!!!! Moron.

0 comments: