Thursday, August 19, 2004 : Berts Song

Posted by Mandy at 7:22 AM

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I'm sorry that I did not trust you
I'm sorry for who I am
I'm sorry that it ruined this
I'm sorry, I truly am.
I'm sorry that I can't fix it
to make this wrong seem right
I'm sorry that you could not see
how sad I was last night.
I'm sorry that it's over
this fairy tale in my mind
I'm sorry that I caught you up
in what was solely mine.
I'm sorry that I cannot give you
what it is I want to share
I'm sorry that even if I could
you would not want it there.
I'm sorry that you cannot see
this something I can't tell
I'm sorry that I have to live
in this damned infernal hell.
I'm sorry that I hate her so
with a might that burns so bright
I'm sorry that you love her so
in this cold and endless night.
I'm sorry for this stupid song
to lead you down the road
to realize what you mean to me
for well this does not bode.
I'm sorry that all the words I write
are usually for you
I'm sorry that you never see them
you don't care, not like I do.
I'm obviously sorry for myself
my life and my whole world
you'll please excuse this pity party
for everything has now unfurled.

0 comments: