Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Posted by Mandy at 7:40 AM

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Well, to begin, I want to thank Eva. She has gotten me in the spirit of blogging again, and I shall try to update this page as often as is possible. *s’anks*

As it says below, my car was burglarized. They smashed my poor little comet’s window, and took some things that I don’t really care about. Not too bad right? It gets worse. After cancelling my Sirius Thursday night, I called Bell Mobility to report my phone stolen, in order to protect myself from fraudulent use. Usually, you would assume that a company as large as Bell would at least have someone working 24/7 to take care of these reports. Nope. I got to leave a message on an answering service telling them about my phone. Now, after having to deal with “Emily” this made me irate.

It gets worse. Friday I started my day by getting the glass cleaned out of my car, then I headed over to Toyota. Josh and I were planning on turning our lease in very soon at any rate, so we decided to do it now, rather than paying to fix the window, then returning the car in a few months. Toyota was “kind” enough to cover the window, all damages to the car (various dings from a-holes who let their doors swing open in to other peoples doors) and replace the tires(it’s part of our contract, that we replace them at the end of the lease). Kind is in quotes because by doing this, they ate up the excess $2000 that my car was worth, which SHOULD have gone toward my new lease. Big surprise. This took me all day.

Saturday is even worse. We decided to get Josh a cell, get on a family share plan, and try to save some money by cancelling our home phone. Sounds easy right? Back to my favourite automated answering program “Emily.” After navigating the interminable automated system, I get a person, who asked me my phone number. He then filled me in on the cost of a family share plan, and informed me that I should cancel my home phone first. So he transferred me to someone else. Then that woman asked me for my phone number, and informed me that if I wanted, I could use my old home number for my cell number, but that I couldn’t cancel it first if I wanted to do that. So she transferred me back to the guy at mobility; who asked me for my phone number. After buying the family share plan, the man at mobility informed me that I would have to set up a dry loop for my high speed internet, BEFORE I cancelled my home phone, but Sympatico does that and they are closed today. Great. All of this took about 2 hours and at this point I had to get my rental car back to the dealership, so off we went to the mobility store to pick up Josh’s free cell phone. When we get there we realize that the man on the phone didn’t even set our plan up right, and that we were missing the message center feature. Then to Toyota we go, only to find out that our car in not ready, even though they promised me it would be. *le sigh* Upon our return to the house, I called bell again, to set up our new bundle and cancel our home phone. First I talked to someone about changing my cell package to Josh’s name, in order to bundle it. This took about 1.5 hours. I was on hold a lot of that time, and asked my phone number at least 4 times(which means I spoke with at least 4 people, as this is the first question they ask you). Next, I asked to be transferred to whoever cancels phone lines. This went a bit better, and the girl set my phone to be cancelled on the 30th of October, though I could call in and cancel it earlier if the dry loop got set up quickly. They also told me that someone would have to be home for the dry loop setup. Next I was transferred to someone to set up a bundle package, and for some reason was directed to Express Vu. Here is where I started to get angry. The fellow at Express vu tried to tell me that Bell was closed: at 4:30. I’m sorry, but that was not going to fly. I told him if they really were closed at 4:30 on Saturday, then I wanted him to cancel all of my services because I’d been on the phone all freaking day with them, and he changed his tune very rapidly. He asked me my phone number, and then transferred me to the “bundles” department. The girl there set up my bundle for me, but at 4:57 when I asked her the cost I was told that I would have to wait for my bill. At this point I just wanted to be off the phone, but looking back I should have told her to go to hell, and spend the extra 5 minutes after her work day helping me, as I’d spent my whole SATURDAY on their phone system. Then comes Monday. I call Sympatico to set up the dry loop only to find out that they shouldn’t have cancelled my phone line, as Sympatico uses it for the dry loop. They were very efficient and I was off the phone, with a dry loop set up date (which I do NOT have to be present for) in less than 15 minutes. Then I spoke with Bell again, to find out the cost of my new bundle. Here’s a kick in the raisins, it’s more than before. That’s not what I was told when I signed up for the cell phones, which is the only reason I DID sign up for the family share plan. In the end, if I had the extra money right now, I’d just cancel it all; and to hell with Bell.

0 comments: