Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Posted by Mandy at 7:42 AM

Wednesday, January 23, 2008


I am feeling a bit silly today. It's a hula-hoop day.

I've made a few adjustments here and there. I am jealous of my other blog, and wish that this one could be easily transferred to the new blogger. *le sigh*

Yesterday I ran in to someone that I would rather have never seen again in my entire life. It was not uncomfortable for me, as I just pretended she wasn't there, which might have been slightly rude, since I ended up talking to her co-worker, with her standing right next to us. In any case, I do not feel bad. She is crazy.

I have started thinking in french. *shrugs* I thought of that sentence in french. I'm thinking in french as I type this, and it is causing a lot of typos, so I think I should stop. The OC is on. Man that show was lame. I used to watch it. It was lame when I watched it. Does that make me lame by association? *shrugs and lames on \m/*

I met some new people today. They are in to something called Emergent Curriculum. Since I had not heard that term before, I have looked it up. It appears to be a curriculum that is directed by the child, and the child's inquisitiveness. With regards to this school's curriculum directly, the teacher introduces an idea to the class, and the children then explore the topic through talk and play. It's an interesting theory, in that it merges other theories to create what could be called the ultimate school experience. I am in favour of this theory, as I have seen several theories work for some children: but no theory that worked for ALL children. Something like Emergent Curriculum seems more likely to reach more children than any one theory could. I hope to see more of these people.

Thank you and good night. *runs away to fetch a munkey*

0 comments: